Are you building a new Evony city? The basics of building Evony cities are very simple, but some cities can have a more targeted purpose and take longer to get the hang of and build. Let’s look at a few Evony city types that many players commonly use.
- Raiding City (varied uses)
- Tax City/Gold City (for all your gold, new servers and newbies only)
- Resource City (Focus on one specific resource, keep all the same valley’s, massive single resource production, mostly old servers)
- Military City (Troop mass production, also holds your army)
- Main City/Political City/Headquarters (First city, with a nice amount of troops and full walls defending it in the first 3-5 months hopefully)
Evony Raiding City
Raiding Cities are NPC’s you have conquered. They serve as rally points for your troops and are used for three reasons.
- A good secretive way to mass troops close to opponents
- Faster transport to and from alliance members.
- Protection for your main city
First things first, conquer an NPC city.
- Just leave it the way it is, maybe increase the rally spot if you’ve got a low level NPC/Flat. Maybe a few fancy touch-ups depending on your planned usage.
- 37 Farms—-Upgrade As much as possible so you can mass troops and not worry about feeding them!
- 1 Sawmill, Ironmine, Quarry-Lol? Yeah just keep them……..
Now that you have a safe place to mass your troops that is close to your opponent you can attack and raid quickly and with ease. You shouldn’t really have to worry about defenses since you will have a large army here. Also when you are done attacking the nearby opponent you may want to abandon this city anyway.
This strategy is great for protecting the location of your main city. If your opponent has a high enough level Beacon Tower they will be able to see the exact location from which your attack originated. If they or their alliance come after you, you can run and loose only a city that you would have probably abandoned anyway.
Evony Tax/Gold City
This city is simply used to make gold and is much the same a resource city since much of your gold will come from selling resources. Use a high politics hero as mayor, this will increase resource production. Check your marketplace to see which resources are selling for the most on your server, usually lumber or iron. When you are producing these in abundance they can be sold and you should have no shortage of gold. The more gold the better!
- Town Hall Level 9
- 1 Inn level 9
- 1 Feasting Hall level 9
- 29 Cottage level 9
- Marketplace level 1
- 37 level 9 sawmills/ironmine depending on which resource sells for more.
Don’t worry about producing much if any food as you will have plenty of gold to buy it. Food is usually the cheapest resource.
Evony Resource City
This city provides massive production (over 600,000) of a certain resource per hour and is very similar to your Gold City.
Whatever you decide to produce, it’s a good idea to make sure you have 10 Level 10 Forests/Hills/deserts for increased production (230%). This is the primary advantage of focusing on one resource.
If you have three resource cities each focusing on all the resources then the nearby hills, deserts and forests you capture wont compound and increase the production of any one resource as much.
Your ability to store more of the given resource will make for easy access. You wont have to transport from three different cities to collect any one resource.
In the later stages of the game lumber and iron are most preferable, as you need them to build troops and defensive units.
- 1 Inn level 9 (demolish after you have a high politics hero)
- 1 Feasting Hall level 1
- 1 Town Hall level 10
- 30 Cottages level 9
- 40 of the resource you are producing (ironmine or sawmill mostly) level 9
Evony Military City
In a military city we want to do one main thing: produce a lot of troops fast. I also like to have my military cities hold a portion of my army, as there is no point in having an extra city produce tons of food for my troops unless it’s a raiding city where troops will be anyway. If you are planning to build a certain unit more than another plan your resource fields produce the necessary resource.
- 1 Inn level 9 (demolish after 8 good attack heroes and 1 good political hero)
- 1 Feasting Hall level 9 (8 atk, 1 pol)
- 20 Barracks levels 4, 5, 9 (archers, cavalry, ballistae)
- 10 Cottages level 9
- Town Hall level 10
- 40 farms level 9
Or distribute to account for the unit you are producing, this may save some time transporting in your resources. Lets face it, you will be producing a huge quantity of troops and bringing in resources will be necessary.
Evony Political City – Your First and Main City
This city is your headquarters, so it’s pretty much a balanced city that does a little bit of everything. You should have excellent walls and defenses plus troops as you will DIE without them once someone finds out this is your main city. So get working, this is accomplished in the first 1-2 months!
- 1 Town Hall level 10
- 1 of every one per city building (beacon tower, feasting hall, inn, marketplace, academy, relief station, forge, workshop, embassy all level 9
- 7 Cottages level 9
- 16 Barracks level 4,5,9
- 20 Sawmills level 9
- 10 Farms level 9
- 10 Ironmines level 9
You can replace some of the farms with whichever resource you need most. Food is cheap and easy to raid from nearby NPC’s.
It’s preferable to have 5-6 military cities, 1 lumber and one iron producing city, one city to act as your headquarters, and the rest saved for raiding cities. When you separate your cities purposes like this it is important to remember that you will need a lot of transports to move resources around.
Any other thoughts, city types, or suggestions? Leave a comment.