A title is a nobility ranking. In medieval times a title meant you were a land owner. In Evony a title means you can own multiple cities.
In order to own multiple cities you need to advance your title. To advance your title you win medals in combat, and raise your prestige.
Here are the list of titles in Evony:
- Knight (2 cities)
- Requirements: 20,000 gold, Lieutenant Rank, 1,000 Prestige, 10 Cross medals, 5 Rose medals
- Baronet (3 cities)
- Requirements: 40,000 gold, Captain Rank, 2,000 Prestige, 10 Rose medals, 5 Lion medals
- Baron (4 cities)
- Requirements: 60,000 gold, Major Rank, 4,000 Prestige, 10 Lion medals, 5 Honor medals
- Viscount (5 cities)
- Requirements: 80,000 gold, Colonel Rank, 8,000 Prestige, 10 Honor medals, 5 Courage medals
- Earl (6 cities)
- Requirements: 100,000 gold, General Rank, 16,000 Prestige, 10 Courage medals, 5 Wisdom medals
- Marquis (7 cities)
- Requirements: 200,000 gold, General Rank, 32,000 Prestige, 10 Wisdom medals, 5 Freedom medals
- Duke (8 cities)
- Requirements: 300,000 gold, General Rank, 64,000 Prestige, 10 Freedom medals, 5 Justice medals
- Furstin (9 cities)
- Requirements: 400,000 gold, General Rank, 128,000 Prestige, 10 Justice medals, 5 Nation medals
- Prinzessin (10 cities)
- Requirements: 500,000 gold, General Rank, 32,000 Prestige, 30 Justice medals, 15 Nation medals
In addition to titles you can also earn military ranks in Evony. To earn titles you also have to earn military ranks. These are a separate ranking system and must be earned separately. In addition any medals you use to promote your title or rank are used up. This means you have to gain more medals to promote further.